11. Patience is a virtue. Everything happens in God’s perfect timing.
– Me? Waiting? Hahaha, NO THANKS. My number one pet peeve is waiting—waiting in line to buy food when you’re already starving, waiting for your friends who didn’t arrive on time, or waiting for weekends. Just waiting. I have zero patience. The past year taught me that some things don’t happen instantly. I am well aware that success doesn’t happen overnight. You can’t get everything you want at once. If you want something, you can go get it or wait for the perfect time. I’m stuck between the two. Should I work for it now? Or should I wait? I don’t know. What I want may not be attainable right now, but someday it will be. I know that God’s plans are better and all I have to do is to have faith in Him.
12. People come and go, if they don’t want to stay, let them leave.
– “Don’t chase people, be an example. Attract them. Work hard and be yourself. The people who belong in your life will come find you and stay. Just do you.” Don’t beg someone to stay if they don’t feel the same. It’s mentally exhausting. The people in your life right now may not be the same people in the next chapter of your life, but don’t be sad, those who really love and care for you will find a reason to be with you until the end. You just have to realize that. Maintain a healthy relationship with everyone! Just be nice.
13. You are where you are supposed to be.
– There’s a reason why you’re stuck in traffic, you woke up late for class, your car ran out of gas or you missed your flight. All the little things that annoy you can be a blessing in disguise and can also be the reason why you’re alive today. It’s God’s way of keeping you safe. Where you are right now is where God wants you to be at this very moment. Don’t get mad when things don’t go according to plan, God may be at work watching over you.
14. Spend time with your family and friends.
– This year, one of my promises to myself is to spend quality time with my parents and my friends. We make it a point that we go out almost every week to eat or travel. I don’t know why but the older you get, the more you crave for quality time with your loved ones. Cue Kris Aquino voice: “They are my source of happiness. Love love love!” My family and friends make me happy. The past week, albeit it’s Christmas, has been really really really depressing because mom met an accident but this made us stronger and made us closer to each other. That was the worst thing that has happened to us this 2016 (This year sucked big time) but it taught us so much lessons that we will carry forever. To everyone reading this, I’m urging you, before it’s too late, make sure that you spend time with your family and friends and tell them how much you love them.
15. Prayers can really make miracles happen.
– I’m not the most religious person around but I always start my day with a prayer. When I’m in school, I make sure that I pay visit to the chapel before going to my classroom. It’s been a habit ever since I was young because my school was beside the church before (But now it’s not so the chapel is my first stop everyday.). Like any other prayers, I give thanks and praise, I ask for forgiveness, and I pray for more blessings. I am very specific in my prayers that’s why I take time when I pray. God won’t give you what you want, he will give what’s best for you. He may not answer our prayers right now, but he will answer them in His perfect timing.
Last two days of 2016! How did your year go? Stay tuned for my year ender post coming soon!
Photos by Roxanne Rivera